Things to do in Austin
Austin is one of America’s liveliest cultural centers. Whether you’re looking for fine dining or famous museums, live music or boutique shopping, the city has something for you. If you’ve brought along the kids, be sure to visit the Thinkery and Texas State Capitol.
- The Texas State Capitol: Self-guided and guided tours available daily
- Paramount Theatre: Live theatre and movie venue
- Stateside Theatre: Intimate theatre for film and live performances
- Thinkery – Austin Children’s Museum: A place where science and families interact
- Governor’s Mansion Historic home of the Governor of Texas
Music & Nightlife
- 6th Street Entertainment District: Heart of Austin’s entertainment scene
- Warehouse Entertainment Center: Trendy restaurants, bars and concert halls
- South Congress Entertainment District: An array of eclectic shops, restaurants, galleries & music venues
- Rainey Street Entertainment District: Local hotspot where old bungalows have been turned into bars
Austin Visitor Information
Austin is one of the top visitor destinations in Texas. Whether it’s the night life on famous 6th Street, the serene parks at the University of Texas, or the convenient proximity to the Convention Center, Austin Southpark Hotel puts you near everything.
AUSTIN VISITOR INFORMATION
Austin is the center of the Texas music and entertainment scene. Known as the “Live Music Capital of the World,” the city plays host to 100 venues that feature live music ranging from blues, country, reggae, Tejano, jazz and rock.
Austin is one of only a few U.S. cities to feature a professional ballet company, symphony orchestra, opera and an array of museums and galleries. For the nature enthusiast, lakes, hiking or biking trails and park and wilderness preserves are all within minutes from downtown.
For more information, visit the visit the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau.